martes, 2 de octubre de 2012

White Shark Diets Show Surprising Variability, Vary With Age and Among Individuals


ScienceDaily (Sep. 28, 2012) — Many white sharks shift from fish to marine mammals as they mature, but individual sharks show surprising variability in dietary preferences.
White sharks, the largest predatory sharks in the ocean, are thought of as apex predators that feed primarily on seals and sea lions. But a new study by researchers at the University of California, Santa Cruz, shows surprising variability in the dietary preferences of individual sharks.
New studies had been discovered about the sharks diets. The diets of the sharks would depends at the age of the animal, the location, and the variability of the prey. Scientist thought that, the only diet of the white shark consisted in seals and sea lions. 

Why am I interested about this article? Simple, I always wanted to study marine biology and also I was interesting about the white sharks and his environments since I was 6 years old. And, now I get so amazed when I knew something that changed in the science and history of animals. I also knew that the animals, dont have a specific diets. And reading this article, I know, that there is many thing that humans dont know about the animals.

So, what is my connection between me and this article? As I said in the past paragraph, I was always interested about animals, specially with white sharks. And now, I can conclude, that we (human being), we have a lot to learn and study, and we cannot be sure about something before we dont, deeply study. 

Area of interaction: Environment, since we are talking about sharks and its diets, the way that sharks lives it can be included in this area of interaction as well. 


To read more, go to 
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/09/120929140238.htm 

1 comentario:

  1. NIce Job...You provide all the elements...Interesting to learn more about white sharks.....You could provide more depth to your responses...

    ResponderEliminar